Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Word Choices…

2015-06-08-bw-beacham“Zeus was not having a good day and he made sure everyone knew it. Bolt after bolt fell to the ground, tearing apart the night sky as the god of Thunder engorged his fury on the lands below.”

Engorged? Really? That’s the word you want to use?

Well, yeah. What’s wrong with that? It fits. He’s engorging his fury on the lands. Just like I wrote.

I can read what you wrote, but seriously. Engorging. You’re not afraid of people sniggering at that?

Well… I am now. And sniggering? Seriously? Why can’t you just say ‘laugh at’?

You said ‘engorging’, I’m pretty sure you lost the right to judge anything I say.

Fine. How about I just delete this whole story then.

Don’t do it on my account, I mean, I would hate to be the cause of your ‘engorged fury’.

Why do I put up with you?

Kind of hard to exist without a subconscious, isn’t it?

/sigh

MFtS

mondays-finish-the-story


Filed under: Micro Fiction Tagged: MFtS

No comments:

Post a Comment