Monday, August 3, 2015

I Thought It’d Be Bigger…

“I thought it would be bigger. That’s all.” He looked at her, his pride deflating quickly. He could see the disappointment in her eyes and, well, being a man, he just couldn’t have her thinking that.

So, he bolstered his pride, looked her square in the eyes and said, “Well, it doesn’t have to be big in order to do its job, does it?”

She looked away from him, letting out a deep breath. “No. I suppose not. But, after everything you said about it, I just imagined it being… bigger.” She paused as she looked at it again. “I guess it will do, but, I feel a bit mislead.”

“Come on, just give it a try. Maybe after you try it, you’ll see, bigger doesn’t always mean better.” He smiled a toothy smile at her.

“Fine. But, it better be as good as you say. I don’t know if I can handle anymore let downs.”

He reached down, took her hand in his, and then stepped from the bridge’s bungy platform.

FFfAW 7/29/15


Filed under: Micro Fiction Tagged: FFfAW

No comments:

Post a Comment