Saturday, April 25, 2015

Writing, Breaks, and Questions…

So, I need to take a break from the project I am working on. It’s a reworking of a flash fiction I wrote called, “They Made a Mistake…“. It’s kind of a dark story, and one that although I am enjoying writing, is really difficult to write.  I’m turning it into a short story that is going to be about 10,000 words and once finished, will be one of the longer stories I have ever written.

So, here’s an interesting question… does that fall into the short story category? According to some, yes it does, according to others, nope. One place says 1.000 to 20,000 is a short story, another says nothing over 2500 words.

Then there is the whole… how do I publish it? Do I sell it (that would be cool), do I release it in parts on my fiction blog, do I release it as a whole on there (seems like it would be WAY too long to do that), or what?

If you have any comments, experience with any of this, or just want to throw in your 2 cents, let me hear (or read as it would be) what you have to say on the matter down below in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment