Saturday, April 11, 2015

Oh Flannery….

Flannery O’Connor.


Another writer who I have been exposed to this semester. Although, when I read “A Good Man is Hard to Find”, I already knew that story. I just couldn’t remember when I read it. Such is my brain and memory.


However, in both my English class and American Lit class, I have had to read something by her. Admittedly, I don’t like reading all that much, a comment that I have repeated on numerous occasions and has drawn me several quizzical looks from people (most notably my English teacher) who apparently have never heard such a thing. A writer who doesn’t like to read? Yeah, it’s a thing. It’s my thing. I own it. Granted, not sure what that says about me… but…


And back on track…


Flannery O’Connor is a wonderful writer. Even though I struggle with comprehension due to my attention problems (did someone say squirrel?)…


dug-up which cause me to struggle with the initial parts of the stories I read, he simple language and compelling settings tend to draw me in. It doesn’t hurt that he stories also tend to have some underlying darkness to them, either. She also has this way of creating this image in the beginning that has some form of twist to it at the end. Not always perceptible, and not exactly how you would think, but twisty. I like twisty in my stories. Is twisty a word?


Meh…


So, anyway…


Yep, new writer I am learning to appreciate.


I’m leaning stuff in college.


Go figure.




No comments:

Post a Comment