Saturday, July 25, 2015

Seriously…

They sat on the bed of the truck, looking out at the island when Diane turned to Tom and said, “Have you ever wondered how they did it?”

“Did what?”

“Got all the stuff out there to build that house.”

Tom just turned toward her and stared hard, his mouth slightly open in disbelief. “Seriously?”

“Yeah, I mean, it’s been there for over a hundred years, right? It’s not like they could use a helicopter or a crane.”

“I just… I just can’t even.” He mimicked the popular phrase.

“Why do you do that?”

“Do you realize how absolutely ridiculous you sound?” Her face turned down and she started to pout. Feeling bad for making her feel stupid, he finally just told her. “They walked it out there.”

“You mean, on the water?” His stunned silence gave her a moment to ponder the thought. “I guess that could happen. But I didn’t think it was two-thousand years old.

“I’m sorry… what???”

“Well, Jesus built it, of course. After all, he was a carpenter, right?”

FFfAW 7-22-15

wpid-photo-20150704120535473


Filed under: Micro Fiction Tagged: FFfAW http://ift.tt/1gbDjpn

No comments:

Post a Comment