Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Starting a new thing.. again.

It's been about 3 years since I last posted anything to this blog. I doubt I had any readers before, and I don't think I will have any after I am done. However, in the last three years, a lot has happened, and in the last year, most of that has collided to create a catastrohpic episode of self implosion. I have become obsessed, to the point of total fixation, on my mortality. As a Christian, you would think, knowing who I am in Christ and what eternity really has in store for me, that this would not be such a huge issue. Yet, no matter how hard I have tried to get my eyes off of it, every time I turn around, there it is. Death has become a pre-occupation, and it has turned the simplest of pains into the most dreaded outcome possible. Anxiety has grasped me, and I don't know how to shake it free. To that end, I had a thought, that to combat the worry, anxiety, and fixation of the negative that I seem to have spiraled into, I would take the next 30 days, every day, and write about something I am thankful for, or in other words, counting my blessings. So, here I am, a Christian of over 25 years, struggling with things you wouldn't think I should, being honest and real, and using my blog to journal the process of trying to overcome this place in my life. If nothing else, this should be an interesting experiment.

1 comment: