Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Count Your Blessings, Day 1.

Life is full of things that we can look at as negatives. Every time you turn your head, something is trying to bring you down, someone is trying to make their problem your problem, or we just get so wrapped up in the thoughts in our own heads we make mountains out of mole hills. As of late, these have been the things that I have been focusing on, so, today, I'm changing all that, or at least, going to give everything I can to change that. Today I want to start focusing on the blessings in my life, and what better way then to start with the largest blessing I have ever received

.

My wife has been someone that has stood by me for 23 years. Not only by me, but with me. She has seen my darkest of days and my crowning achievements. She has been my biggest critic (next to myself, of course) and my largest fan. She challenges me to be a better man and won't take my trite answers as ok. She doesn't except the mediocre from me, and even though this sometimes evolves into a fight, she is willing to fight with me, knowing that in the fight she might get hurt, but to her, I'm worth it.

I really don't understand why God could bless me with such an amazing woman, or what I have ever done for her that would make her put up with me for this long. But because of her, I am a truly blessed man, even if I forget that a lot of the time.

I can't think of anyone else I would want in my foxhole with me.

Thank you Heather, for being you.




He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord. Prov 18:22

No comments:

Post a Comment