Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The All Seeing Eye…

“I see absolutely everything.” The words formed in the young wizard’s mind from the eye carved out of the knot in the tree.

“I see what you did there.” The young wizard spoke out loud.

“What? What do you mean?” The thoughts came.

“You said ‘I see’. That’s very funny.”

“What? Are you mocking me? That isn’t very nice.”

“I’m not mocking you. You made a joke.”

“I did not.” The wizard guffawed. “What now?” Asked the tree.

“Eye. Knot. Come on, how are you..ehem.. knot.. getting this?”

“You’re being mean. You should leave.”

“Oh, you mean, I should be like a tree?” The wizard smirked.

“What?”

“And leave? No? Nothing? Seriously?”

“You are getting on my last…”

“Root?”

“That’s it.” The voice was angry. “Now you will pay.”

“You’re a giant eyeball carved into a tree. What are you going to do, stare me to death?”

The wizard was laughing so hard he never saw the limb that took him off his feet.

“No, I think I’ll just branch out and try something new.” The tree smirked.

MFtS 8/17/15


Filed under: Micro Fiction Tagged: MFtS

No comments:

Post a Comment